Tuesday 15 November 2011

A lesson learned.

Silly me there i was thinking hitting the gold each time was all i had to do but infact every time i seemed to be doing well some one would tell me i was doing it wrong setting me back a mile.

How could they expect me to look like a youth of twenty it seemed they were far too ambitious for me,in a way it was a compliment to treat me the same as some one young enough to be my grandson but on the other hand it was also unfair.

 I could not hold my arms as high as a youth and could not hold onto a bow at full draw for as long as a youth might,walking the stretch of sixty yards for seventy two times was a challenge to me where for some one harf my age it might be a fair and reasonable walk.

Targets were high for a short ass like me so it meant having to hold this fairly heavy bow higher each time.

I can remember the first time i shot indoors at the new club and the sound when the arrow hit the target Bam! i suppose i shouldnt be asking what is every one looking at me for that was enough, in compared with other bows mine showed such  incredable power.

It began to scare me the bow had scared me when i first had it and now in this small room it really was scary and when i held it at full draw and the arrow came of the rest there was nothing for it but to try to take it down and it went of, i had to let it go to ground or shooting sideways  it would have hit some one.  If it had not gone of it would have ripped my arm out.

That ended indoor shooting for me a crowded small school room was not ideal for a compound bow.  I wont be shooting indoors again.  I am aware that the compound bow sets me apart from others  but i love my compound its more exciting than other bows i dont enjoy being different but its my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment